Sunday 30 June 2013

Updates and Monthly Wrap Up

Hey everyone,
You may or may not have noticed that I have been slightly absent from Youtube (or maybe you haven't noticed because it’s only been a week). I’m just going to cut to the point here: I’m writing a book. Even more to the point, I’m writing a book for the Hot Key Young Writers competition, which has a deadline, so I have 3 weeks to get 40000 words done.

Maybe other people can balance writing, reading. blogging, vlogging, and their day-to-day lives, but sadly, I procrastinate too much to be able to cope with all of that. This means until the 22nd July, there will be no Youtube videos from me. However, I’m still reading, and want to keep discussing books, so I will be putting more up on this blog. I’m also transferring a lot of book reviews from Goodreads to this site, so keep your eyes out for that.

Boring stuff aside, let’s talk about my reading life.

So a while ago I said I would do the 30 Day Reading Challenge. I’m going to hold my hands up here and say: I’ve failed. I don’t know what happened… Well I do know what happened, I didn’t read enough. I blame my art exam. And my laziness.
But let's just skim past over this and move over to my wrap-up.

Reading Recap

  • Life, the Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams  (I will review the whole Hitchhikers series once I finish it)
  • A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin (same as above)
  • A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow by George R.R. Martin
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  • Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman
  • Introducing Freud by Richard Appignanesi (I have 3 Introducing guides and I’ll review all of them at once)
  • The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani (review up soon!)

I forgot to add The School of Good and Evil...
I’m quite impressed with myself (if I do say so myself). 8 books, including two Game of Thrones books isn’t bad for me at all.

Film Recap:

I didn’t watch many films this month, but I did see my favourite film of the year (so far), which was Much Ado About Nothing!

Monthly Favourites:

Book: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
TV: The White Queen (BBC1) and Nashville (More 4)
Film: Much Ado About Nothing
Music: Gabrielle Aplin - English Rain (Panic Cord)

Also, I would like to know what the best blogger features are, as I would love to join in with that, so I’m open to suggestions! Actually if you have any suggestions for me with what I can do with this blog, please tell me below!



No comments:

Post a Comment